Menu
Disclaimer: Bluebird provides the following forum as an opportunity for viewers to participate in a free-flowing exchange of ideas. Bluebird does not market or sell any products with the intent of diagnosing, treating, curing or preventing any disease and none of the comments expressed by contributors to this blog should be viewed as an endorsement by Bluebird of any person’s expressed views. Although the administrators and moderators of bluebird-botanicals.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the contributor, and the owners of bluebird-botanicals.com forums will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. The owners of the bluebird-botanicals.com forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.

10 year old with Tourette's syndrome

Home Forums Discussion Forum 10 year old with Tourette's syndrome

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gainsbergers 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

megm517
    Participant

I am wondering where to begin with my 10 year old son who has Tourette’s? We have had him on all kinds of meds for way too many years now and I am ready to try cbd oil. Any suggestions on what to start him on?

Robin
    Participant

following… ditto!

Gainsbergers
    Participant

Here’s what works for my 11-year-old daughter with TS, first, we buy two items and mix them together.

1. The 9 oz jar of the Hemp Sport cream. It smells nice (which is more important than you think for her), isn’t too greasy, and claims that it’s “warming” but I never found it so. It’s no Ben-Gay, that’s for sure. It does, however, contain about 450 mg of cannabinoids (no THC, fortunately).

2. The little 10 ml bottle of Hemp Classic 6x (under “Concentrated Extracts”), which contains about 500 mg cannabinoids.

When you pour the bottle into the jar it will be very full. Pour slowly and stir carefully (I use a plastic fork). Also, the Hemp Classic 6x smells bad and STAINS very easily, which is why we took to adding it to the cream. The total cannabinoid concentration will be approximately 3.7 mg/gram. Rub at least 5-6 grams of cream total (a heaping teaspoon) into his feet (aiming for a minimum dose of approximately 20 mg/day). Apparently, it is Incredibly safe even in this higher dose. We’ve been doing it for months now.

As luck would have it, we humans have loads of cannabinoid receptors on our skin and cannabinoids do, in fact, get absorbed through the skin (possibly even more efficiently than by mouth).

This CBD treatment plus at least a tablespoon of MCT oil (sneaked into smoothies or on toast or something) reduces tics and behavior issues by more than half in our child. It’s expensive as heck but oh boy is it worth it! Do you know about MCT oil, ketones and such?

There are two other treatments to know about as well, if you don’t already. The first is a plant pigment called luteolin (it’s becoming fashionable in the autism crowd for helping behavior issues). The second is, believe it or not, oral appliances (mouth guard-type things). Google Dr. Brendan Stack (a dentist in the D.C., area) and Tourette’s.

Good luck, hope it helps. I hate how under-represented TS is in funding, awareness, and you name it.
    -John

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

† FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION
(FDA) DISCLOSURE

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

WEBSITE DISCLAIMER
This website contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional. Read the full disclaimer here.